Raising awareness is a normal expression advocacy aggregates use to justify a specific event, handout or even the whole association. Raising awareness alludes to cautioning the overall population that a certain issue exists and ought to be approached the way the gathered group advocates. There is an enormous lack of knowledge in the community surrounding several health (physical and mental) and environmental issues. The reality is some of them are extremely common, affecting an increasing number of people each passing year around us. Therefore, these events and awareness campaigns are a fantastic opportunity for people to learn about issues that exist within and around them.
Campaigns at AFND
AFND initiates several awareness campaigns with specific to general consumers such as misleading advertisements, unethical medical practices, providing geriatric and palliative care, sustainability and environmental care, importance of nutrition and hydration, preventive health care such as over nutrition, under nutrition/malnutrition, increasing physical activity, food labelling awareness campaign, smoking, alcohol, tobacco, and more... Diseases specific awareness campaigns on communicable (infectious diseases), AIDS, Tuberculosis, Leprosy, and other illness such as Autism, Epilepsy
According to the World Health Organization, 40% of Cancers and 80% of cases of premature heart diseases, stroke and type 2 diabetes are preventable. It is well documented that over 70% of deaths are caused by chronic diseases, injuries and congenital diseases, driven by the many risk factors that are largely preventable as the primary drivers for the chronic diseases burden are lifestyle factors such as change in dietary patterns due to increased fast-food consumption coupled with sedentary lifestyle. Further, Harvard School of Public Health (HSPH), estimated that the economic burden due to NCDs are about $6.2 trillion for
India from 2012-2030, which is nine times higher than the total health expenditure for the past 19 years, while by 2020 the cost would be 126 trillion by 2030. AFND will sensitize about importance of prevention and management of NCDs (diabetes, cancer, stroke, mental health disorders, heart and chronic respiratory diseases). .
Support our vision to bring about change to the way in which people with EAT (physical), BEHAVE (mental), TREAT (social), FEEL (environment) by joining us at one of our major events and awareness campaigns throughout the year. .
How do we conduct awareness campaigns?
- From time to time many community organizations want to make special attempt to get their message across to a new and larger section of population. The challenge is to create interest and inform/educate people who are not aware or have not been involved in the cause. Check how we do it
- Online: Today the world is digital, knowing our presence, at AFND, we create awareness through Web 2.0. Our campaigns are created focused on the objective of the program being targeted. First it identifies the right social media channel (e.g. Face book, Qzone, Whatspp, Google+, YouTube, Twitter), optimize the social content, optimize the team and strengthen the engagement strategy. We ensure to measure the awareness metrics through potential reach, mentions per time period, inbound links, share of voice and share of conversation.
- Mass Activity: Schools, Apartments, Hospitals, old aged homes, hostels, individuals (one on one) etc.
Benefits of awareness campaigns at AFND
- Awareness programs at AFND helps raise funds for implementation and research over environmental and health issues.
- AFND does everything from providing practical support to educating the public over community and human health.
- Programs at AFND are compelling and urge people into action.
- It allows you to connect with like-minded people, generating support for a cause.
Our Recent Projects
Nutrition and Hydration Week
AFND will target multiple social and healthcare setups for Nutrition & Hydration Week 2014 (17-23 March 2014) across the nation in consent with the global initiatives in bringing out the significance of nutrition and hydration as to create an awareness. The main event of the week is the Worldwide Afternoon
Calcium Awareness BMD test
AFND in association with GuiRes Healthcare Pvt. Ltd. organizes 'Free checkup' with help of a team of senior consultants from a network hospital around the city. We conduct free camps in association with local doctors, bringing specialist medical attention to patients. This is beneficial for patients who cannot afford to