Evidence based Research Tools
Development, Validation / Standardization and Implementation of research Tools.
At AFND, we have a team and capability to develop modules and materials for healthy eating and drinking, physical activity and inactivity, smoking cessation and prevention, targeting families and homes, schools and children, healthcare units, work sites.
We focus on wide range of communicable and non-communicable diseases (including diabetes, cardiovascular and metabolic health) and also address mental health, sports and physical performance and specific nutritional needs. Our program would ensure to address the changes in food, and built environment and also media and marketing. We have expertise globally to ensure that the materials developed are cultural and geographic based and follow strict guidelines specified by the local area.
We have expertise globally to ensure that the materials developed are cultural and geographic based and follow strict guidelines specified by the local area
- Development and validation of Nutrition Survey Tool Kit: Planning, indicators, laboratory and field, sampling, preparing for data collection, data collection forms, supplies, hiring personnel, training, logistics, data entry analysis and reporting and manual development
- Nutrition Tool kit for Hospital /wellness clinics: validated questionnaire for nutritional assessment and recommendations including diet history, food diary, food models, case sheet preparation, patient feeling guide, body condition score chart, calorie recommendations, education materials, sample menus, cooking techniques, portion size, and food safety.
- Evidence based Manuals for Nurses, dietitians, nutritionists, and other allied health professionals including yoga therapists, psychotherapists, exercise therapists (gym instructors) and physiotherapists.
- Training programs that transform hospital environment: Creating institutional culture, redefining clinician’s role to include nutrition, and communicate nutrition care plan.
- Training Manuals and SOP’s for conducting patient assessment, and delivering nutrition education.
- Development of learning and Education Material to clinical staff and patients.
Our Recent Projects
Development of Nutrition Training Manual for Gym
One of the famous gym centers approached us to develop nutrition training manual along with standard operating procedure for their gym. After several brainstorming sessions with their dietitians and trainers, about their operations, and along few interviews with their patients, we came out with the nutrition manual (food, mood & exercise manual). We also trained the healthcare professionals in terms of communication and leadership skills while delivering the evidence-based practice.
Customized Diabetes Tool Kit Development
The project aimed to develop standardized diabetes tool kit for patients visiting a well-reputed diabetes clinic. Our nutritionist's team handled this so methodologically by using evidenced based practice where we analyzed the existing style of operations and geographical location of patients; we defined our toolkit which would consist of self-assessment questionnaires, educational materials, and stress relief tool. The project was appreciated by the hospital leadership team.
Development of customized dietary assessment
Still there is a lack of evidence on what children eat and how well this fits with the recommendations. In order to answer this bigger question, the project aimed to examine the calcium and iron intake of school children through dietary assessment tools. Since the company does not show interest to measure this through biochemical assessment, we developed food frequency questionnaire (FFQ) that would capture calcium and iron intake along with other nutrients.